Teddy Bear Junction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Teddy Bear Junction

Welcome to the worst scum hole in the galaxy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting my hopes up.

Go down 
+3
Gorgonite
Hate
Arebirator
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Arebirator
SMB12
Arebirator

Getting my hopes up. Empty
PostSubject: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 24th 2009, 1:53 pm

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

I skimmed though some of the changes, enhancement MIGHT get some buffs. BrB, listening for QQ.
Back to top Go down
Hate
SMB12
Hate

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 24th 2009, 2:13 pm

Getting my hopes down.
Titan's Grip (an 11th tier talent mind you) is getting a 10% damage decrease. Yeah, we go through 50 BAD filler talents, to spec into a 10% damage decrease.
Glyph of heroic strike, guess what, getting nerfed! 10 extra rage on crit to a 5% crit chance.
So, 10% damage decrease = less rage = less specials = less heroic strikes and no rage from them (glyph nerf) = more than 10% damage loss, for taking a 51pt talent. But that's ok, we can go arms, right. Or PvP, right... oh wait!
All the while arcane mages are getting buffed.
/rant off
Back to top Go down
Gorgonite
SMB12
Gorgonite

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 24th 2009, 3:27 pm

i might be able to top the dps charts!
Back to top Go down
Sin
SMB12
Sin

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 25th 2009, 2:41 am

are they bringing back wand spec?
Back to top Go down
Kyle
SMB12
Kyle

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 26th 2009, 1:23 am

priest changes are great as well
Back to top Go down
Mike
SMB12
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 26th 2009, 10:31 am

Sorry Hate...this is just the round of nerfs for warriors. Ret pallies got it first, then BM hunters, now Fury Warriors. Nerf bats for everyone. Weeeeeee!!!!

I am sure they are planning something though to make up for it. I think the main thing blizzards wants is so that not everyone one who plays a class plays one specific spec. They basically undid every nerf they did to BM hunters but in that month, people tried Marksmenship and survival and liked it and now there is more of a spread between the specs. I like survival more since if my pet dies, I don't lose 50% of my damage since mally likes to let poor frostbite die.
Back to top Go down
Hate
SMB12
Hate

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 26th 2009, 10:37 am

Mike wrote:
Sorry Hate...this is just the round of nerfs for warriors. Ret pallies got it first, then BM hunters, now Fury Warriors. Nerf bats for everyone. Weeeeeee!!!!

I am sure they are planning something though to make up for it. I think the main thing blizzards wants is so that not everyone one who plays a class plays one specific spec. They basically undid every nerf they did to BM hunters but in that month, people tried Marksmenship and survival and liked it and now there is more of a spread between the specs. I like survival more since if my pet dies, I don't lose 50% of my damage since mally likes to let poor frostbite die.
You're kidding right.
If you were a warrior, you would know better than to hope the patch notes get better.

TBC release: massive rage nerf, warriors are gimped in every area of the game for months. They nerf sunder armor threat and warrior threat is gimped until the advent of expertise and the buffing of devastate. Endless rage is the flagship talent of arms... and no one specs it. Over a year after it's put in the game, blizzard will finally find out that it's bugged and only giving half the rage it should.

Wotlk release: prot is redesigned... and now warrior tanks have the worst tps, dps, hp, and aoe ability of any tank. Arms is completely unplayable in pve and pvp. Fury is the only really solid tree, which puts up good numbers in pve and is the only spec that is somewhat successful in arena. Then fury gets nerfed, while there is no news of prot or arms changes.

Are you still surprised that we have no optimism left? I don't want to play this class for another 6-12 months while they figure out how to make us not crap for the last half/quarter of the expansion. I should have learned my lesson in BC and just rerolled then.

Stop focusing on the detail of one tool tip and look at the bigger picture.

3.1 is currently closer to a 25% damage reduction for fury. Referring to it as the -10% patch is short-sighted and misleading.

The glyph change means we're using heroic strike significantly less. What follows is a significant amount of pre-3.1 yellow hits become white hits post-3.1. White crits instead of yellow crits, which deal %20 less damage thanks to impale. White hits that used to be yellow hits are now prone to glancing... dealing 30% less damage. Glancing blows further reduce rage gains.

Less impale powered crits.
More glancing.
Less total rage through TG dmg tax.
Less total rage though increased reliance on glancing blow-prone white hits.

The result is far more than the 10% being shouted around the forums. If you want to give them feedback, at least be accurate about it.

This is way bigger than you people from the outside make it out to be..

Also,
Quote :

5/5 Unending Fury: Increases the damage done by your slam, Whirlwind and Bloodthirst abilities by 10%
And right above that,
Quote :

1/1 Titan's Grip: Allows you to equip blablabla and decreases your damage done by 10%
I'm sure on someone's mind that makes a lot of sense.

People seem to think this nerf is justified because fury is doing "too much damage for a hybrid". According to http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/6 , there is one fight where the warrior is first in DPS. [Actually scratch that, a DK just got his spot. So there's NO fight a warrior comes out on top.] Now, to the hybrid part. I always cringe when I see someone say that.

I've always hated the argument "but you can tank/heal, I should be doing more DPS!".

Properly worded, it's "but you can maintain two or more skillsets and fully gemmed and enchanted sets of gear that you might spend DKP on, not to mention respec costs and being forced into a role you don't enjoy to let me pew pew more, I should be doing more DPS!"

People also seem to forget to look at DKs, the biggest hybrids ever, moreso than warriors, that are topping DPS charts over any "pure". If there's anyone in need of adjusting, or nerfing if you wish, it's the DK class. Sure, blizzard fixed the unintended cheeze DW spec, but wait a second, they buffed blood and unholy.

Big post I know, but at least I won't have to make another one about it ever again (hopefully...), this subject pisses me off.
Back to top Go down
SexyTractor
SMB12
SexyTractor

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 26th 2009, 11:22 am

Everything Hate says makes solid sense, and seeing those charts is even more solid proof. Every class is capable of putting up big numbers, the fact that hate/mayo and I are generally all in the top 5 could be because we are overgeared but thats doubtful, none of us have that great of 2hers right now. Could it not possibly be that we know and understand our full rotations and use them to their maximum potential? No of course not some would argue, because they claim they are using their rotation to their maximum potential. Then I see Bigfatbull, he tops the charts just as often as us, he knows how to reach his maximum. I've seen Tone do it on occassion, I've seen Jaron do it just as often as the warriors. Perhaps we are skilled and know how to play our class in PVE?

All I know is this giant nerf makes it so any weapon upgrades I get, will basically put me where I am at right now with these shitty naxx 2 handers. /roll warlock and /gg blizzard.
Back to top Go down
Sin
SMB12
Sin

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 26th 2009, 5:37 pm

I agree with everything Hate said except warrior tanks having the lowest HP. Pallys will be lower than warriors for at least another tier set.
Back to top Go down
Mike
SMB12
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 27th 2009, 11:16 am

SexyTractor wrote:
Everything Hate says makes solid sense, and seeing those charts is even more solid proof. Every class is capable of putting up big numbers, the fact that hate/mayo and I are generally all in the top 5 could be because we are overgeared but thats doubtful, none of us have that great of 2hers right now. Could it not possibly be that we know and understand our full rotations and use them to their maximum potential? No of course not some would argue, because they claim they are using their rotation to their maximum potential. Then I see Bigfatbull, he tops the charts just as often as us, he knows how to reach his maximum. I've seen Tone do it on occassion, I've seen Jaron do it just as often as the warriors. Perhaps we are skilled and know how to play our class in PVE?

All I know is this giant nerf makes it so any weapon upgrades I get, will basically put me where I am at right now with these shitty naxx 2 handers. /roll warlock and /gg blizzard.

What the hell? I have topped Patchwork once when you were AFK. Where is my love? Hater.
Back to top Go down
Hate
SMB12
Hate

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 27th 2009, 5:11 pm

Mike wrote:

Where is my love? Hater.
Googly Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mike
SMB12
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. EmptyFebruary 27th 2009, 6:57 pm

Thanks hate

He's Quagmire!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting my hopes up.   Getting my hopes up. Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting my hopes up.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teddy Bear Junction :: WoW General Discussion-
Jump to: