Teddy Bear Junction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Teddy Bear Junction

Welcome to the worst scum hole in the galaxy

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Loot System

Go down 
+3
Gorgonite
Hate
SexyTractor
7 posters

Which loot system would you prefer
What we have now
Loot System Vote_lcap43%Loot System Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
DKP you have the most you win it for a preset amount - Current loot rules apply priority wise
Loot System Vote_lcap7%Loot System Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
DKP Open Auction - Start at a minimum set amount needed for a loot and have players slowly bid until the bidding stops
 7% [ 1 ]
DKP Silent Auction - Whisper what you are willing to spend to the ML, highest whisper wins
Loot System Vote_lcap0%Loot System Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
WTF is DKP?
 7% [ 1 ]
Dicks - Dan's option once again.
 7% [ 1 ]
Other - Please make a post with your suggestion
Loot System Vote_lcap14%Loot System Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
All are fine with me
Loot System Vote_lcap14%Loot System Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
SexyTractor
SMB12
SexyTractor

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 9th 2009, 10:42 am

With Ulduar coming out I'm guessing there may be the possibility of some changes to our loot system. Place your vote for your preferred loot system to better help the officers decide what they want to do. The only reason I bring this up is due to the large amount of joinees lately and we should be able to go through Ulduar with all guildies making a DKP point system very plausable.
Back to top Go down
Hate
SMB12
Hate

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 9th 2009, 10:47 am

Other - Please make a post with your suggestion;

A good loot council.

Or what we have now, with common sense.. As in, if you can't get your ass to gear/spec/enchant/gem correctly, you don't get the friggin' best weapon in the game..

Or what we have now with a good loot council.
Back to top Go down
Gorgonite
SMB12
Gorgonite

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 9th 2009, 11:00 am

fuck dkp. had that pre-bc, granted the mage system was win (since loot didn't drop for them they had giant amounts and when one piece of gear dropped they blew all of the dkp on it and got in the back of the line.) what we have now, is good, cept maybe a couple of tweeks here and there for the loot.
Back to top Go down
SexyTractor
SMB12
SexyTractor

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 9th 2009, 11:04 am

I have personally had bad experiences with loot council on my former server in BC. The council seemed to have first dibs over lower ranking members who were just as skilled/qualified for the items as them. We would need a good approach for it to work.

And Mur... Place your vote, don't just post!
Back to top Go down
Hate
SMB12
Hate

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 9th 2009, 11:07 am

SexyTractor wrote:
I have personally had bad experiences with loot council on my former server in BC. The council seemed to have first dibs over lower ranking members who were just as skilled/qualified for the items as them. We would need a good approach for it to work.

And Mur... Place your vote, don't just post!
That's why I emphasized good. Which means unbiased players that know what's best for the raid progression. Or just go with what we have and have the loot council go in on certain loot, i.e betrayer, envoy, journey's end, turning tide, etc.

Edit: Anything but DKP.
Back to top Go down
Gorgonite
SMB12
Gorgonite

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 9th 2009, 11:17 am

voted, and mains > alts. aka corey's lock shouldn't have gotten gear 2 weeks ago, then again i hate him... jk somewhat.
Back to top Go down
SexyTractor
SMB12
SexyTractor

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 9th 2009, 11:19 am

She was officially my main at that point according to my whispers w/ Wonky!
Back to top Go down
Gorgonite
SMB12
Gorgonite

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 9th 2009, 12:03 pm

you bastard wonky! give me the swift zulian tiger!
Back to top Go down
Mike
SMB12
Mike

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 10th 2009, 9:06 am

For the most part, I agree with what we have now in a pure "it's the most fair" approach. But in terms of what is best for the guild/raid progression, some items probably should go out to the more deserving people. So a combined roll/loot council approach. As Hate said, someone who has only run once or twice, and is gemmed/enchanted wrong, probably doesn't deserve a best-in-slot piece of gear. Or people that don't listen to directions and loot before the master looter and then spend 5 minutes looking at the gear, probably clicking on a pair a boots 20 times trying to loot it, only to realize he can't. Or someone who dies on heigen 3 times in one fight like I have managed to do Chill

With all the new members, it is hard to say who is good and bad and who is going to show up consistently and do their jobs. We know who the regulars are so far and I am sure some of the new people will soon show that they are regulars as well. At this point, alot of the regulars only need one or two items and they will have all their best gear - I need three, The Envoy off of KT, journey's end (or Black Ice if I can ever do 10 man Eye again), assuming no feral druids, and the boots of renewed flight from Maly. I am not saying I deserve them by any means, but let's say I get them or Sin get's whatever gear he needs or Mally get's whatever healing gear he needs to keep my poor kitty Frostbite alive, that is probably going to help the guild progression more then giving ANYTHING to people like Dirrk.

If the general consensus is that a loot council is not fair, then maybe a point system of some kind would work. However, I would trust a council of some of our officers and maybe a couple of the new members that seem pretty good. Or we just say at the beginning of a raid, if BoH drops, its going to Hate, Envoy = Lokkni, etc. Obviously, we are not going to list every item and once 3.1 hits, we probably won't have to do it until we have that place on farm for a while but from now until then, maybe the few remaining best-in-slot items go to the people that have been raiding since the start as a reward for showing up every week. Sure, it is not really fair to the new people but Ulduar is coming soon and the new and better loot will be open to everyone (but Dirrk).
Back to top Go down
darthfacetious
SMB12
darthfacetious

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 11th 2009, 1:07 pm

post edited cuz, well fuck i'm not even raidworthy

Last edited by darthfacetious on March 11th 2009, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dalhgo
SMB12

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 11th 2009, 1:15 pm

Darth , remember that the next patch will include higher loots and include a legendary item. What if some random new guy roll and wins it? And of course flee with the loot. You never know. It's why loot council may be good at some point but a lot of people hates it because of favoritism, i aint saying that TBJ are like that. Its just that some people can't stand it =/

As for my own opinion on this even if im quite new in TBJ but i maybe have the highest raid lvl skill on gul'dan (not bragging just saying true fact :P) ive seen a lot of loot system and even Suicide kings at some point.

My opinion would be as hate / mike said sort of : /roll + Loot council. I have no reason to think you guys are ninja's or anything so its why i propose this option, DKP imo is total bullshit same as Suicide kings. DKP is based on how much you raid. Doesnt even count your skill as a player. Let's make an example : LocknLoaded on gul'dan : SHITTY player but has 300 DKP and is the highest (roll on Envoy of mortality) wins it with his high DKP : Does he deserve the gear? of course not :P

Loot council + /roll make you able to see to who this thing suit him the most : Green -> epic (for some reason it can happen) should have the loot as long as he dont fuck up and listen to the Raid leader. As for Epic -> Epic. Would go equally amongst the other in the guild that raid often and listen as well, of course if they dont fuck up. Loot council would be good that if a random huntard wanna roll on Betrayer of humanity like every huntard does prevent them to have it =) Im sure hate agree with me on that one ^_^

Thats it for me... >_>
Back to top Go down
Gorgonite
SMB12
Gorgonite

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 11th 2009, 1:49 pm

well everyone will be a guildy. i hope they'd think it'd be fair for them to pass.
Back to top Go down
Dalhgo
SMB12

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 11th 2009, 1:52 pm

Yeah i suppose you are right.
Back to top Go down
Mike
SMB12
Mike

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 11th 2009, 2:34 pm

While I did roll on BoH, I did pass on it because melee needed it first. Basically, I roll on things like that for two reasons, well, three reasons -

1) I am a loot whore :)

2) In the event that the melee classes have it/don't want it for some reason. I don't want to miss out on something that is a nice stat stick just because "I am not supposed to roll on it". If it doesn't go to melee, I don't want an off-spec who may or may not use it to get it over someone that will equip it and get a nice boost off of it. And since I don't know what everyone has (aside from the fact I KNOW Hate would probably cut a finger off to get BoH), I am going to continue to roll. It is easy enough to pass on it. Mally will usually ask someone if they REALLY want something prior to just giving away loot to someone when it could be better used somewhere else. Hence, why I trust a loot council with him on it.

3) I want to have the best possible DPS. That is my job in the raid. Kill shit. If an axe does it or spending thousands of gold trying to get a damn trinket (by the way, taking donations for the Ace of Nobles), then guess what? I am going to roll on it/spend it. I know what the loot rules are and I am not going to take BoH over Hate but what if he happens to be the only DPS that rolls, I go AFK since I don't "get to roll" and it goes to Wayne for the chance he goes off-spec? That loot sitting in Wayne's bank does no good but it being equipped in my hot little hands, does, which in turn, helps everyone.
Back to top Go down
Hate
SMB12
Hate

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 11th 2009, 2:47 pm

Mike wrote:
Hate would probably cut a finger off to get BoH
Damn right!
Back to top Go down
Gorgonite
SMB12
Gorgonite

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 11th 2009, 3:17 pm

that's if you roll on it, if he doesn't win it i don't want to know what he's gonna do.
Back to top Go down
BadAssCrabs
orgasmroll
BadAssCrabs

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System EmptyMarch 14th 2009, 9:27 pm

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!

And yeah pretty much what we have now with a little less dan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loot System   Loot System Empty

Back to top Go down

Loot System
Page 1 of 1